cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Parametric.exe will not run

jweaver
1-Newbie

Parametric.exe will not run

We just recently updated to Creo 2.0 M100 from M070 and ran into one problem. When you try an run the parametric.exe in the bin directory nothing happens. Same for simulate.exe and creosysmon.exe. Unless I'm mistaken, running the executable should give you the option of choosing all the psf files that you had created when installing the software. I believe that for each psf file it also creates a batch file that runs the executable with the psf and skips the list. Running those batch files directly do work.

I've been working with PTC on this and the only solution they gave me was uninstall everything and start fresh. Since this is a server install with multiple users running Creo from it, that is not a convenient way of troubleshooting this.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
31 REPLIES 31

The aps_ui_default_resources.dll was just something that I found that did not update properly. It could be any file in theory. I ran a compare of a working install to the one that wasn't (I used Beyond Compare) and found that the dll file had the created date from the install of M070 while all other files had the date from the install of M100. I knew that file had not updated like it should so I replaced it from a dll that was created during a M100 install.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:jweaver)

Just for your information...we had trouble running Creo 2 builds M080 - M110 on computers with an integrated graphics card. Build M120 fixed it for us.

Top Tags