cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Part Detail Options

ptc-2094888
1-Newbie

Part Detail Options

I'm trying to understand the working files behind the scenes of Creo 1.0. I understand the config.pro, however there are detail options available for the .prt files. If you go to File > Prepare > Model Properties > Detail Options and click on change, a file comes up similar to what the config.pro looks like, however none of the settings in this file referece back to the options that I have set up in my config.pro. Where is it pulling this information from?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually, I believe it's pulling that information from a .dtl file, which is referenced in the config.pro.

I didn't know about the 'System Information' option in the help menu, not sure it'll help me with this issue, but thanks for pointing it out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Can you go to Help-> System Information and look through there to see where it's pulling from?

1.png

Actually, I believe it's pulling that information from a .dtl file, which is referenced in the config.pro.

I didn't know about the 'System Information' option in the help menu, not sure it'll help me with this issue, but thanks for pointing it out.

These are the settings you would find in an *.dtl for drawings. I can't say for sure that it's the same for all installations but the default location should be in your Creo 1.0 install directory. Under that I think the settings are pulled from the Common Files\M030\text directory (reflects what is on my system could be different for yours).

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Or do a system wide search for *.dtl.

Top Tags