cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Parts from Solid Works

ptc-1836512
1-Newbie

Parts from Solid Works

I have several parts created in Solid Works and translated in Solid Works to ProE. I need to create details of these parts but for some reason they jump from the original english units as created in Solid Works to metric. When I try to change the units I have problems. When I select make 1" equal 25.4 mm the part disappears and I see an message that says Regeneration completed successfully, but the part disappears When I open the file I get this error message. Could not read from Model Tree config file ..\tree.cfg. Can you help me?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I tried downloading a new copy of a tree,cfg file and this did not work. Could it be the file from Solid Works is corrupted? Sometimes files have issues in translations and they need to be repaired. Could this issue be related to that? When I have worked with files that needed repairs int he past, I also could not modify them. Everything was outside of the part. In this case, I can modify the part. If the part needs to be repaired, could someone tell me how to repair files like this? Wally

Here is a copy of the part.

Make sure that mdl_tree_cfg_file in your config.pro points to the correct file. Remove characters or blanks from your path.

oops Remove special characters or blanks from your path

"Walter Pipp" wrote:

I have several parts created in Solid Works and translated in Solid Works to ProE. I need to create details of these parts but for some reason they jump from the original english units as created in Solid Works to metric. When I try to change the units I have problems. When I select make 1" equal 25.4 mm the part disappears and I see an message that says Regeneration completed successfully, but the part disappears When I open the file I get this error message. Could not read from Model Tree config file ..\tree.cfg. Can you help me?

I am a newer user. In my config.pro file the mdl_tree_cfg_file points to the tree.cfg file as shown below. trail_dir .\trail_files mdl_tree_cfg_file ..\tree.cfg ! does the ..\ mean that it has to be in the same directory as the config.pro file? If so then it is in the right spot. If not I will try again. I think that you are saying the the format should look like this mdl_tree_cfg_file E:\UserData\Pipp\ProE\settings\model_tree_settings.cfg Do you think that this is the source of my problems with the units? Wally
Top Tags