cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Plans for Creo Elements/Direct

DanAdler
12-Amethyst

Plans for Creo Elements/Direct

Are any Creo Elements/Direct users out there familiar with PTC's long term plans for the software?

Today I learned that CSI is discontinuing its line of Model Manager add-on products. We have been using their AnyDocs add-on for years. This, plus the fact that PTC has been developing Creo for awhile now, has me concerned that Creo Elements/Direct will not be supported for much longer.

My biggest concern is not having to find a new CAD software, its the potential of losing our Model Manager database full of attributes, links, etc. 

Does anyone have any experience with migrating a Manager Server to another database solution? If so, how successful was it? Also, what other CAD and database solutions are worth looking at?

Thanks in advance!

-Dan

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DanAdler)

PTC does have an article on migration to Windchill PDMLink.

Article - CS244974 - Creo Elements/Direct Model Manager Extractor Guide (ptc.com)

DanAdler
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks Ben.

Anyone out there using Windchill with Creo Elements/Direct modeling? What has your experience been?

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling has been around for years.  Military Contractors use it quite a bit.  It would be foolish for PTC to get rid of it, so of course being PTC....

I have been using it since it was call SolidDesigner, just shortly after is was called ME30.

I think if the decided to unload it, they would sell it. Hopefully someone like CADM will step up.

Regards

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hi All,

I have the same question. It has been stuck at v20 for 8 years!??

Cheers

Top Tags