cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Please Help. Wildfire 5.0 Node Locked install failing after windows installation

JK_3224567
3-Visitor

Please Help. Wildfire 5.0 Node Locked install failing after windows installation

Hello,

I hope some people are out there still using Wildfire or know what is wrong. My Pro/e was working fine but I had to do a clean install of windows 10 and then reinstall my Wildfire version for the DVD. Now I cannot get my Pro/E to install correctly. I get the frustrating error:

(-96) License server machine is down or not responding

This is a node locked installation and I have the license file. I have tried what I understand from this article

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS21768

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Justin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JK_3224567 wrote:

Thank you Martin for you input,

I didn't install the PTC License Server since I want it node locked, so I don't have Imadmin_ptc service or FLEX net running on my machine. I double checked looking in the Task Manager.

I also checked the proe1.psf file and it looks correct. I added the top line as suggested in the article I mentioned in my original post.

ENV=PRO_ALLOW_FLEXJOB=true
ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\PTC Files\license.txt
ENV=PROE_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv ()

Regards, Justin

Hi,

• install License manager using setup.exe from Wildfire 5.0 DVD. Use C:\PTC Files\license.txt license file
  • when installation is finished, FLEXlm server for PTC service is available
  • to verify license availability launch ptcstatus.bat from FLEXnet installation (the path could be C:\Program Files\PTC\flexlm\bin\ptcstatus.bat)
  • when license is available then modify proe1.psf
    ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@nameofyourpc
  • turn off Windows Firewall
  • start Wildfire 5.0

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@JK_3224567 wrote:

Hello,

I hope some people are out there still using Wildfire or know what is wrong. My Pro/e was working fine but I had to do a clean install of windows 10 and then reinstall my Wildfire version for the DVD. Now I cannot get my Pro/E to install correctly. I get the frustrating error:

(-96) License server machine is down or not responding

This is a node locked installation and I have the license file. I have tried what I understand from this article

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS21768

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Justin

Hi,

I hope you have your license file safely backed up.

1.] stop lmadmin_ptc service

2.] uninstall FLEXnet license manager

3.] edit proe1.psf file in PROE\Parametric\bin directory

The file must contain two following lines configured properly.

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=full_path_to_license_file
ENV=PROE_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_license_name (optional module numbers if some exist)

Martin Hanák

I didn't install the PTC License Server since I want it node locked, so I don't have Imadmin_ptc service or FLEX net running on my machine. I double checked looking in the Task Manager.

I also checked the proe1.psf file and it looks correct. I added the top line as suggested in the article I mentioned in my original post.

Regards, Justin

@JK_3224567 

Can you confirm that your license is Node - Lock license? Open your license in text editor and search for word "Server", if found license will be floating not locked. ANd if it is floating , you need to install license server. 

There is the line in my license file:

SERVER __HOSTNAME__ PTC_HOSTID="my MAC address"

On a side note, I have also tried installing the License server and I was still getting the same error.

Maybe I misunderstood the install instructions in the PTC email some of which I posted below. I am using the standard license.

-----------------------------------------
PRO/ENGINEER WILDFIRE PRODUCTS
-----------------------------------------

---- For Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 or Later ----

As of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0, you should receive two emails for your requested Pro/ENGINEER license
codes, each containing an attached license file.

* Email one - lm_xxxx.txt
* Email two - lm_xxxx_standard.txt

Note: These two license files are identical, except that the first one (lm_xxxx.txt) enables License
Borrowing

If you do not want to enable license borrowing, you can use the standard license pack (lm_xxxx_standard.txt),
which is backwards compatible to previous releases of Pro/ENGINEER.

---- Installation Instructions ----

1. Save the attachment as a .txt file on the license server.
2. Import this license file into PTC.Setup (using ptcsetup.bat).

The strings __HOSTNAME__ and __PTCD_PATH in the SERVER and DAEMON lines are automatically
replaced with the hostname of the license server and the path to the ptc_d executable located in the FLEXLM
directory, respectively. For example:

SERVER spock PTC_HOSTID = 11-22-33-44-55-66 7788 DAEMON ptc_d d:\ptc\flexlm\i486_nt\obj\ptc_d

@JK_3224567 

Ok, your license is a floating license file. To make it working, you need to install license manager.

License manager can install using media for Wildfire 5.0 or any other latest version. In-fact you can download the installer too.. 

@JK_3224567 wrote:

Regards, Justin

Hi,

• install License manager using setup.exe from Wildfire 5.0 DVD. Use C:\PTC Files\license.txt license file
  • when installation is finished, FLEXlm server for PTC service is available
  • to verify license availability launch ptcstatus.bat from FLEXnet installation (the path could be C:\Program Files\PTC\flexlm\bin\ptcstatus.bat)
  • when license is available then modify proe1.psf
    ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@nameofyourpc
  • turn off Windows Firewall
  • start Wildfire 5.0

Martin Hanák

Thank You Martin, You know your **bleep**!  And thanks to the other members who offered help. someday I will have to buy the upgrade.

FYI,

I didn't need turn off the windows firewall, but yesterday I had added some exceptions from another PTC article so maybe that is the reason. The ptcstatus.bat would flash a window open for split second, but nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks again, Justin

@JK_3224567 wrote:

Thank You Martin, You know your **bleep**!  And thanks to the other members who offered help. someday I will have to buy the upgrade.

FYI,

I didn't need turn off the windows firewall, but yesterday I had added some exceptions from another PTC article so maybe that is the reason. The ptcstatus.bat would flash a window open for split second, but nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks again, Justin

Hi,

to see license status info, open Command prompt window and launch ptcstatus.bat in it.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JK_3224567)

Is Wildfire 5.0 supported on Windows 10?

@BenLoosli wrote:

Is Wildfire 5.0 supported on Windows 10?

Hi,

Wildfire 5.0 is not supported but it works.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags