cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Prefered chamfer type config options

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Prefered chamfer type config options

Hello all,

l want to ask about some nonimportant, but annoying thing. Does exist some config options to "prefered chamfer type"?

Default settings is DxD. 95% of my chamfers are 45xD and l want to set this type of chamfer like default. (see attached picture)

prefered_chamfer_format.jpg

Thanks for any advice

Milan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mbonka)

default_chamfer_scheme is a hidden config option, so it's not really documented.  And you use it at your own risk.  I've been using it for some time and it seems to work well.  Some of the valid values for the option are anglexd , 45xd , dxd -- these are the ones I've tried with success.

For more information, search the community and the web for default_chamfer_scheme.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I did a search on CP2 M190 configuration options pdf (272 pgs) with "angle" and "cham"

Sorry to report: NOTHING.

Edit:

Same goes for CP3 M010

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mbonka)

default_chamfer_scheme is a hidden config option, so it's not really documented.  And you use it at your own risk.  I've been using it for some time and it seems to work well.  Some of the valid values for the option are anglexd , 45xd , dxd -- these are the ones I've tried with success.

For more information, search the community and the web for default_chamfer_scheme.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JLG)

Ain't that a kicker...it's been around for years and years...hmmmm, so long as a hidden options, either it was forgotten or it has unexpected consequences.

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

That works great, I can't believe this is hidden and not a documented option.  Is there a way to set the starting value of "d" as well?

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Thanks you.

l have saw this config options "somewhere", but didn´t know where.

Have a nice day...

Top Tags