cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Preset Explode in Illustrate

pperry-2
4-Participant

Preset Explode in Illustrate

Is there a configuration option that the saved explode sets get exported?  I have tried opening a PVZ and an ASM file in Illustrate and my Preset Explode is hazed -- inactive.  From that I have to believe it is not seeing any preset explode states.  Which really surprises me because I would think it would at least see the DEFAULT state.

I also understand that there is no "save" state within Illustrate.  There is a Capture Explode State in Creo View but it basically locks the components where they are currently located.  There is no chance to give a name to the explode state or define another.

I am working with Creo View and Illustrate 3.1.

Any other tips at using Creo View or Illustrate are also welcomed -- obviously I am really focused on explode states currently.

TIA.

Patrick Perry -- BAE Systems

4 REPLIES 4
ptc-6749480
6-Contributor
(To:pperry-2)

This is very frustrating for me as well. Have you found a way to use Creo explode states in Illustrate?

If its the same as Creo View you need to edit the visualisation recipe file so it saves explode states.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS47882&language=en&posno=1&q=simplified%20reps%20creoview&source=search

Thanks!

But unfortunately I'm getting an error when trying to save the recipe.

See below.

Any ideas?

ptc-6749480
6-Contributor
(To:pperry-2)

@pperry-2 

I figured out how to get this to work.

1) You first need to edit the recipe file to "Output Author States" and "Output PVZ."

2) The next step is after you save the PVZ from Creo, you need to find the PVZ file and change the extension to .zip

3) After this, you have to extract the .zip and use the PVZ from the extraction.

*Note

I wasn't able to see any parts or assemblies with the original PVZ exported from Creo.

The only PVZ that worked, was the one from the extraction.

---Bill

Top Tags