cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pro/E & IPV6

ehill
1-Newbie

Pro/E & IPV6

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I don't see any admin or licensing forums here...

Our IT department is transitioning to IPV6, mostly to enable the use of Microsoft's Direct Access (replacing our legacy VPN software). The lone problem we have with this transition so far is Pro/ENGINEER (and Pro/INTRALINK) - the FlexNet licensing is not working with the new protocol. Our IT guy is trying to get some assistance from PTC support but not having much luck. If anyone has been through this transition before, any advice would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
dkoblar
1-Newbie
(To:ehill)

Apparently licencse server does not support ipv6 protocol on which direct acces works. That's what I have been told. Under products ideas an idea to add support for ipv6 protocol to Creo is submitted.

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4946

Make a vote to add this this.

GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst

The License Administration Guide included in the Creo Help has an entire chapter regarding IPv6 support. I attached the document, check at page 181.

Sorry I can't give you more information's but I hope this will get you started.

We have the same problem for several years now... :-/. no IPV6 support in mathcad. We are also using Direct Access

Domen
14-Alexandrite

Good news guys, this will be implemented soon... in Creo 6.0. Smiley Frustrated

"

• Flexnet License Server will be supported with IPv6 from Creo 6.0.

"

image.png

Top Tags