cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Pro/E Learning Curve

GregFrankland
2-Guest

Pro/E Learning Curve

There are those out there, not necessarily in the Pro/E realm, that view Pro/Engineer as a software that is difficult to learn with a steep learning curve. I have been using ProEngineer for about 17 years now, and It is my opinion that starting with the Wildfire release; and with each subsequent releases, that Pro/Engineer is becoming more user friendly and easier to learn. I understand that using the software and using the software correctly are two different things, but I feel that the learning curve has lessened with the Wildfire releases. I wanted to start this discussion to see what other users of the software feel about the ease of use and the steepness to the learning curve for Pro/Engineer Wildfire.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
32 REPLIES 32

good idea

I start using pro/e 3 three years ago, with have other previous CAD experience,it was a good software...pro/e.

my first post in new forum

We just started with Pro-Engineer in our Spring 2010 term for Introduction to 3d Modeling course, for Mechanical and Industrial Engineers. There's a definite learning curve, like there is with any software, but after ten weeks of using Wildfire 5.0 (4.0 at home if the students were using Student Edition software) my students did amazing projects.

Like any software some students take to it quickly and explore the features themselves while other students only do what the instructor / tutorials / books tell them to do.

As an instructor I stressing that modeling needs to start with a paper sketch and an understanding of what the part does and what interfaces with it - this helps to tie the spatial thinking ideas and the application ideas together.

Top Tags