cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Pro/E PDM server name location

pwyndham
3-Visitor

Pro/E PDM server name location

When you have the config.pro option set to remember the server, where does it keep that information? I need to update some installers to point to the new server instead of the one I had when I created them.

I am thinking this would be some text file, or I am hoping it is.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I think, it's stored in following file:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings\config.fld

Best regards, Domenic

Domenic,

Yep, that is where it is. Well, on a Windows 7 machine it is here: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings

Thanks for the info.

Paul

Paul,

The information is in a file named "config.fld" stored into the cache folder. (witch is defined by environment variable)

Personnaly, in the ProE startup script I copy this .fld file so I make sure users are connected to the right server.

Marc

Hey Marc-Andre,

Thanks for the reply to. I wanted to add this file to my launch application, what is the environment variable you set for the cache folder? I don't really want to have to program in that long app_data location and hope it does not change in Windows somehow.

Thanks

Paul

I think I found it: PTC_WF_ROOT. Set it to the drive location you want Pro/E to use as the cache location. I am thinking c:\users\%username%\ProE\Cache.

I wish environment variables properly used the %username% variable. Maybe I just am doing it wrong.

There's 2 variables: PTC_WLD_ROOT and PTC_WF_ROOT.

Set it wherever you want.

I set it both under c:\ptc\localcache.

Ok, I finally got around to working on this some more.

I had a folder c:\Trial_Files created - obviously to store the WF5 trial files in. So, I thought that would be a good location to store the localcache as well.

Turns out the PTC_WF_ROOT is the only one that WF5 looks at. If I set up the PTC_WLD_ROOT by itself it reverts back to the app data location.

Then, I found that WF5 creates a subfolder called .Settings. The config.fld file has to be put in there or it won't be read.

Thanks for the help and pointers. I think I have it all setup now.

Paul

Top Tags