cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Pro/E WF5 32bit install on 64bit OS?

OwenMedd
1-Newbie

Pro/E WF5 32bit install on 64bit OS?

Is there a definitive statement somewhere or has there been a generally positive experience using 32bit versions of Pro/E (specifically WF5) on 64bit OS's (like the 64bit versions of Win7 or XP)? I see statements of people saying that the 32bit version would not use all the expanded memory available in a 64bit OS, but will the commercial version of Creo / Pro/E run and not die immediately?

Thanks for any observations you might be able to share.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Owen,

it is possible to launch and use ProE WF5 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

Unfortunatelly, it is necessary to know how to do installation...

Martin

Martin Hanák

I have not found any details on how to do such an installation. Does the Pro/E Admin Guide cover this? Is there another document or cheat sheet you can recommend? Would the install procedure differ between Win7 64bit and XP64?

Would the M080 date code be the best version to try this with?

Many thanks,

Owen

Owen,

do following:

1.] install ProE WF5 in Windows XP/7 32-bit

2.] copy installation directory to Windows XP/7 64-bit

3.] manually edit PSF file related to ProE launch command (located in PROE\bin directory)

replace every occurence of %PRO_MACHINE_TYPE% with i486_nt

Note: You can use M080 or any other Mxxx version...

Martin

Martin Hanák
Top Tags