cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Pro/E and Vista 64 bit

ptc-2267320
1-Newbie

Pro/E and Vista 64 bit

Hi, I am considering to buy Pro/E Wildfire 4 student version. I'm running Vista home premium 64 on my home pc. Is it so that I will not be able to run the student version on this OS? I know that it's possible to run 32-bit based software on vista 64, as these apps. will be installed in the program files(x86)folder. Why wouldn't this also be the case for Pro/E student version?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

just to let you know, I am running wf4 m040 on vista 64. I have a few random crashes every now and then, but for the majority of the time it seems quite stable.

64 bit does not work well with wildfire v4. Mostly licensing issues.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-107463)

anonymous wrote:

64 bit does not work well with wildfire v4. Mostly licensing issues.

Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Minimum Hardware Specifications for Student Edition: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/textoimgothumb.jsp?im_dbkey=67025&icg_dbkey=841 "Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 Schools, Schools Advanced and Students Editions are only supported on 32-bit Windows platforms. Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (Home and Professional - 32 bit) Windows Vista - 32-bit"[/quote][/url]
Top Tags