cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Pro/E computing requirements

ptc-3114003
1-Newbie

Pro/E computing requirements

OK, so I maybe building a computer to run Pro/E effectively and efficiently. I'm somewhat computer savvy, however I have a few questions. Can Pro/E take advantage of quad core technologies? What are some good video cards to choose from? I would be using this mostly as a general 3D Cad program, I would not be building Jet engines or Turbines in here, so I don't need a massive power house.
2 REPLIES 2

Justin Pro-E is only single threaded so multi-core processors will not be of advantage on the Pro-E side. It will however allow you to work on other software while Pro-E is regenerating. Buy as much RAM as you can, fastest speed dual-core processor and NVIDA seems to be the best and most sable video card. Shoot for the Quatro FX 3xxx series as the higher number series doesn't provide the higher per dollar value. Of course buying the best or fastest support hardware inside is also a requirement, i.e. hard-drive. Regards Eric

Ahhh Ok, I was lining up one of those new I7's from Intel but I have a dual core sitting around my house, I'll use that. I have some gaming graphics cards but I was doing some initial research and apparently they are OK for CAD work but the specific ones(for CAD) will work better. I priced out some FX5XXX and it was like 2G's.... that's ridiculous kinds of money for me to spend.
Top Tags