cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pro/E license issue

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Pro/E license issue

I got hit with a ^&!$%%! Trojanmajjava!gen23 virus, and now I can;t get into Pro/E. In creo it simply says there's a license issue. When I try and get into WF4 it's more descriptive, and gives me the error:

PROE LICENSE PROBLEM-01.JPG

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Brian?

Oh, and BTW, virus writers all need to die in a fire.........

Grazie!

1 REPLY 1

Hi Frank...

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm about 200 emails back and I'm working throughout the weekend to catch up before Monday starts the deluge of email all over again. Whenever I get an error like this, I try to take it piece by piece as literally as possible.

So for example: license machine down or not responding. If your license is not installed locally, find out the hostname of your server and try to "ping" it from an MS DOS window. If the server responds, then I'd move on to the TCP/IP error. If the server does not respond, I'd first call the IT guys to make sure the server was, in fact, operational.

But in this case, it really sounds to me like the problem is going to be in the TCP/IP as the error says. You might want to try rolling back your Windows installation to the last known virus-free version. Sometimes if your company does security updates to all workstations, they'll back up the previous software state first. Sometimes you can roll backwards to those backed-up states.

Maybe before I go any farther I should ask if you've already solved this. What's the status? If it's still a problem, maybe we can troubleshoot further on Monday.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags