cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pro-E will not open. HELP

wwenk
1-Newbie

Pro-E will not open. HELP

So Pro E crashed yesterday and now it will not open. I tried diond a system restore and reinstalling it but neither worked. When I try to open pro e the splash screen comes up and it creates two files, trail.txt and std.out. The splash screen only pops up for about one second then dissappears and nothing happens. In my task manager under processes it has nmsd.exe*32 running for Pro E. Otherwise there is no indication of Pro E running. the std.out file reads "Exception - code was -1073741819." The trail.txt file reads "

!trail file version No. 1400

!Pro/ENGINEER TM Wildfire 4.0 (c) 2012 by Parametric Technology Corporation All Rights Reserved.

< 0 1.126000 1126 0 0 972 1280 0 0 1024 13

!mem_use INCREASE Blocks 147552, AppSize 25813470, SysSize 34521208"

The only possible reason I could think that this is happening is because of my license. My IT guy is working on chiecking that right now but I would think a prompt would open up and tell me if my license was expiring.

9 REPLIES 9
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:wwenk)

Hi Wiliam

Licence errors do normally come with a message. You can check your licence status on the PTC website.

A long time ago, possibly on Pro/E 2001 or Wildfire 2, I had something like this and it was resolved by launching the .bat/.exe directly. On recent versions it's called 'proe.bat' or 'proe.exe'. Maybe it's worth a shot?

Hi William...

Check to make sure you don't have a process called nsmd.exe still running in the background. If this is still going, it can prevent Pro/E from launching. I'm assuming you've rebooted at least once to see if that helps.

I did a search on PTC.COM for the number 1073741819 and came up with several documents. One is linked here: CS18519 This seems to point to a lack of virtual memory as a potential problem. I'm not sure if this makes sense in your situation. The call I referenced in the link seems to suggest this is a problem that can occur with 32 bit operating systems on Widlfire 4 and 5. Of course, if you're using 64 bit, then this is probably not relevant.

If all else fails, I might give PTC Customer Support a call. This error number seems to mean something specific... and maybe PTC has a specific fix when this error occurs.

Thanks... and good luck!

-Brian

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Wiliam,

Exception - code was -1073741819 sometimes signals graphics problems.

Add graphics win32_gdi option into your config.pro file temporarily and try to launch ProE.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

William, run your pro-e with no config at all.

Bop11
1-Newbie

I have a similar problem but traced it to IE8 and/or Net.Framework4. If I load either of these for Microsoft upgrades or other program upgrades, Wildfire opens for about 2 seconds then disappears. Some other cad viewers try to load these programs and it make Wildfire "go away" . Have not found the specifics. 2 of 4 computers had the problem. We copied the whole disk of one good one to one bad one and the problem went away on that machine. Not a posibility with mine. Must be in the setup of the user interface.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Bop11)

Dane,

I have Windows XP SP3 + IE8 + .Net Framework4 and all releases of ProE Wildfire and Creo Parametric run without problems.

Try the following:

1.] add the option graphics win32_gdi at the end of your config.pro file to turn OPENGL off

2.] open Windows Explorer, go to %USERPROFILE%\Application Data directory and remove PTC subdirectory

3.] look for std.out and std.err files in startup directory and show us their content

4.] login as another user and try to launch ProE

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I can't seem to copy files in to this editor so I made Pdf's then Jpg's

I hope they are readable

the long and short of it is that I added graphics win32_gdi into the config pro, removed the ptc directory inapplication data

Loaded netframework 4 and still get the splash screen in the browser when starting ProE but it quickly disappears as if shut down.

The other machines that work with framework 4 have the exact same config.pro. They are desktops and mine is a lap top. However one of the desktops did not work and the whole hard drive was copied from one that worked to it and that unit now works.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Bop11)

Dane,

I am sorry, I can't help you because I am not able to imagine what is going on on your laptop.

Note:

To be able to attach file to you reply, click Use advanced editor link located in the top left corner of Reply form. Advanced reply form provides more functionality.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Bop11
1-Newbie

Of interest in my case. We have wildfire 1 and wildfire2. Wildfire 2 is only used for a specific customer and ddoesnot link into prolink3.3 Wildfire 2 will open and run. Wildfire 1 will not.

Top Tags