cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 file license help

ptc-4058094
1-Newbie

Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 file license help

when trying to install Pro/E on my laptop, every time i try to generate a file license, it says "this mode requires an internet connection". i have already tried turning off my firewall AND physically wired in an internet connection but the same thing happens. Also, this problem also occurs in my desktop at home.I am using a student version of Pro/E that came with a textbook sold at my college's bookstore. Laptop using Vista 32 bit OS, home desktop is Windows 7 32 bit. can any body help?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Benjamin

Sounds a bit strange this as usually everthing works fine. It's worth checking that you are doing everything correctly. These are the steps you should be taking.

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet.

2. Begin the install from the CD

3. During the install a window will appear asking you for the licence file. Click on 'Generate Licence file.' Provided you are connected to the internet this will be obtained from the PTC Server.

4. You will be asked for your PTC Account username and password to proceed. After a short while you should see the downloaded licence file appear in a small window below the 'Generate Licence file' tab.

5 Click either 'Next' or Continue' once the licence file appears.

The intall should then continue. Once installed if all has gone conrrectly you should be able to run the software.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Paul

unfortunately still nothing... it would be better if there was a way for me (user) to be able to retrieve the license myself instead.

Hi Benjamin,

You may request a license file from PTC yourself. Go to PTC.com, select the Suport tab. Scroll down and select Retrieve Existing License Packs You will need to have your PTC account set up so you can log in. Also you will need your SON. Once you receive that, you will just need to save it to the same drive as Pro/Engineer is installing on and know the path.

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards

Gerry

Hi Benjamin,

You may request a license file from PTC yourself. Go to PTC.com, select the Suport tab. Scroll down and select Retrieve Existing License Packs You will need to have your PTC account set up so you can log in. Also you will need your SON. Once you receive that, you will just need to save it to the same drive as Pro/Engineer is installing on and know the path.

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards

Gerry

Hi Benjamin,

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards

Gerry

i have insufficient access. probably because i have a student account

Then you may want to call PTC License Management at 877-275-4782

They have an option for students, but I have never selected it because I work with Maintenance on the Small and Medium Business sector. If that does not work, let me know. I can talk to our education department and see what other options exist.

Top Tags