cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro/piping parts library availability?

ToddColeman
1-Newbie

Pro/piping parts library availability?

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum & I am having a heck of a time navigating it. I have been searching for a parts library for Pro/piping because I have a huge project due in a few days. I have asked a couple of people at PTC, at a reseller with no resonse. I have been searching this "community" for a couple of days & haven't come across a definitive answer yet. There have been a few discussions started 5 years ago from people looking for a parts library & it doesn't look like they were answered either. There was one in particular that started off promising but spiraled into why was the word "fitting" censored to screws but there was no answer about pipe parts ever given. Is this some kind of taboo subject that nobody is allowed to talk about? I have been working with a co-worker who has SolidWorks which comes with a piping parts library & he has been saving them as Pro/E files for me to use which has worked out well for the most part. However, I am having trouble constraining elbows because there isn't any "Pro/E" feature to constrain with & I have a lot of elbows to add.

I plann on taking the piping course before the next job comes along but for now I am stuck.

Please somebody tell me if there is a Pro/E piping parts library that I can download or if it is somewhere in my Piping module.

Thanks,

Todd

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I just got the answer I was looking for. Thank you Alex Kimmel.

There is a download of the piping parts library, it's buried deep in the Support area. Once downloaded it has to be setup but there is a setup file to do that.

Under PTC Software Download then Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro then Release Wildfire then Wildfire Library Databases then Most recent datecodes then pick Pipe-Fitting

Here is the link http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFam ily=ENG

I hope this helps other users.

Top Tags