cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ProE without PDMLink

EricHuffman
2-Guest

ProE without PDMLink

Gurus,

I am using Wildfire4 with PDMLink9 most of the time. The other time I am
supporting a customer who is still on Wildfire3 with no PDM. Every time
I launch W3 it wants to register the server; is there is a config.pro
option that I can add to my wildfire3 config so it will quite asking me
to register the PDMLink server?

Thanks,

Eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Look in config.pro for 'DM" options and comment them out.
Try:
dm_remember_server no

Eric,

I haven't use the config.pro option Gerald was talking about, but you could make a separate batch file to launch your different Pro/E configurations. Within the batch file, before you launch Pro/E, include the command "SET PTC_WF_ROOT=<absolute path=" where=" you=" want=" to=" cache=" your=" windchill=" session=">". I believe that the server information is stored in the cache defined by the "SET PTC_WF_ROOT" environment variable. So then you'd have a short cut to launch WF4 w/ PDMLink server and one for WF3 w/o PDMLink server (since you won't register one).

Willy Chung

Top Tags