cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Problem with borrow license for proWildfire 4

mhucik
3-Visitor

Problem with borrow license for proWildfire 4

Hi all,

Our customer use Creo Parametric 2.0 and proeWildfire 4.

When i want to borrow license for Creo Parametric 2.0 it works, but problem is when i want to borrow it for proeWildfire 4.

The license is same for both.

I ran proe_borrow.bat as administrator, but it didnot help.

Is there anybody who has encountered this problem???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal,

maybe the following tip will help you ...

In Czech environment it is necessary to do following modification:

Files affected:

PROE\bin\proe_borrow.bat (WF3, WF4, WF5)

CREO_PARAMETRIC\bin\parametric_borrow.bat (CR1, CR2)

CREO_PARAMETRIC\bin\ptcborrow.bat (CR1, CR2)

In above mentioned files it must be set English enviroment:

See http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=125971

Beginning of file must be following:

@echo off

set PRO_LANG=english

set MC=unset

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I'm not sure if it's even possible to borrow license for older versions of Creo/ProE. Whenever we generate new licenses for our customers we always end up with two license files - one that allows to run every version of Creo, but doesn't allow for borrowing license and second that supports borrowing, but allows to run only the latest version of Creo.

So, if you have license file generated for Creo 2.0 you'll be able to run only Creo 2.0 and borrow the license, but won't be able to run older versions of ProE. Maybe that's the case you can't borrow the same license for Creo 2.0 and WF4.

EDIT:

I tested it and looks like Doug is right - I was able to borrow WF4 license with my standard Creo 2.0 license. Apparently I had outdated informations Maybe the issue is then with what Martin said - check if you have variable LANG set.

Also, do not run pro_borrow as different user than the user that needs to borrow the license (eg. do not "Run as Administrator"), because borrowed license is tied to user account and cannot be transferred to another (we learned this hard way when one of our customer did exactly that and had his license locked for two weeks).

Thank you for your answer Lukasz. It help me but not in this problem

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:mhucik)

I think license borrowing came in WF2, but I'm not certain. A while ago for sure.

At the time, the license that enabled the borrowing was incompatible with older versions, so if you needed to run WF2 and WF1 or 2001, you needed the 'no borrow' license file, otherwise the standard file would do fine. As time went on, the same distinction remained but the standard, borrow enabled, file would work with all versions back to when borrowing became an option.

So, the borrow file should work fine with WF4. We run WF4, WF5 and Creo 2 here and are able to borrow a license for all. Are you running the proe_borrow.bat from the WF4 directory?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi, Doug.Thanks for your topic, yes of course, i run it from WF4 dir. The problem was in Language enviroment, as Martin Hanak wrote.

Michal,

maybe the following tip will help you ...

In Czech environment it is necessary to do following modification:

Files affected:

PROE\bin\proe_borrow.bat (WF3, WF4, WF5)

CREO_PARAMETRIC\bin\parametric_borrow.bat (CR1, CR2)

CREO_PARAMETRIC\bin\ptcborrow.bat (CR1, CR2)

In above mentioned files it must be set English enviroment:

See http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=125971

Beginning of file must be following:

@echo off

set PRO_LANG=english

set MC=unset

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your topic. It was the problem exactly. When i wrote it to ptc_borrow.bat it works. It is interesting that the problem with borrow license can have such solution.

One more time thank you and bye.

Top Tags