cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Problem with play path animation - Creo 2.0 Win7 64bit

gen
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Problem with play path animation - Creo 2.0 Win7 64bit

Hi all,

I upgraded to Creo 2.0 M030 recently, from Creo/Elements Pro 5. I use manufacturing a lot, and the only issue I came up with is the tool play path animation. It seems like there is a graphics issue. The problem in detail is as follows: I push the play button amd the tool starts moving for a sec and then freezes. When I move the mouse pointer randomly around my screen the tool starts moving again, but does only a small movement. Eventually, if i keep moving the mouse the animation will finish!!!

I have tried installing a previous version M020 but no luck. I installed both ptc certified and latest nvidia drivers, still no luck. I disabled tranparency from win7, same thing. Config options for graphics all default. Any ideas anyone? See my PC hardware specs below...

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P

Core i5 2500K @ 4000MHz

Quadro 600

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:gen)

I seem to remember having this issue too. It looks terrible in no hidden line view but good in shaded right? Try changing use_software_opengl (no*)

Yes, in shaded somewhat better, but still a problem. I already had use_software_opengl set to no* !!

A colleague with a GeForce card and similar hardware setup, told me that had no problem! May be you are right it's an opengl issue!

Vericut works ok, so that's something!

NickMihelich
6-Contributor

Try playing with these settings

MODELDISP.PNGshaded.PNG

Hello Nick,

How can I access those dialog boxes you're showing ? I've never seen these ones. I know I can config options with File>Options, but I'm just wondering !! Thanks.

View - display settings - model display

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

George and Nick,

I have the same problem. I figured it was my cheap NVidia Quadro fx1800 video card set with the config use_software_opengl set to no.

Maybe PTC has a problem with the play path then?

gen
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:SteveLucas)

Nick,

I looked into creo 2 options, and I have almost the same settings.

However, I think Steve is right. There is an issue with PTC's Creo 2.0 and opengl/Quadro drivers. With Creo Elements Pro 5 I had no such issue!! Maybe with Firepro cards might no be a problem. probably because of the latest good cooperation between PTC and AMD.

I will contact PTC support and let you know.

Thanks!!

I have the same problem with programs that I created in WF4. If I create a program in Creo 2 than I don't have this problem. I have a Quadro 5000 graphics card.

Top Tags