cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problems with license

ptc-5002572
1-Newbie

Problems with license

Hello,

I have problem with my license of creo parametric 2.0 when I am opening creo there is a table with error code and there is information that my license is out of expiration. But I installed Creo in March so where can I extend license?

Thanks for help and I hope that the explanation is more or less good. I am no native speaker and my english is not perfect.

Jiri

7 REPLIES 7

The first thing would be: what kind of license do you use? Typical commercial license doesn't have "expiration date", while educational or trial licenses do.

Could you post a screenshot of the message or type it here, so we could see what is the exact problem with expiring license?

Of course I have student edition. Reinstall helped only for week and now i have the same problem. creo.png

It seems to me like you're using something called "node-locked" license* and this license was made for a network card with MAC address of 00-22-64-7B-45-5E (as you can see at the bottom of the window). In the second line you have error message of "invalid host", so it looks like Creo can't find in your system network card with that specific MAC address (you can check all of your installed cards using "ipconfig /all" in command line (without quotation marks).

Are you by any chance working on laptop? My guess would be the license was generated using MAC address of your wireless card and now you supposedly turned that card off, making it unavailable for Creo. If that's the case, you should just turn it back on, even if you're not using any wireless network, there just have to be this card active in system.

*that's more or like a guess, so far I haven't dealt with node-locked licenses, at my company we use floating Flex Server licenses.

Jiri,

if MAC address of 00-22-64-7B-45-5E belongs to LAN card and you do not have a LAN cable connected to it, then you have to connect your notebook to LAN or Disable DHCP Media Sense (Google give you more information).

Your license is valid until 8.3.2014.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

So why it worked for me before? I am on laptop. I was installing and doing everything on my laptop, same wifi nothing changed. I used also license from email they sent to me after registration, but after another 2 weeks it doesn't work It makes me mad.

Thanks for every help

Jiri

Top Tags