cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Purge missing in WF5

ClaudioStammitt
1-Newbie

Purge missing in WF5

Hello again,

We have upgraded to WF5, most gracefull about many aspects. I found many upgrades which we were complaining about in WF3 an WF2.

Anyway, there is a glitch though, I usally purged my working directory, by clicking on Window, Open System Window (or so, mine is in spanish) and excecuting the purge command, which will erase all old version of any file in the working directory. However, when I do the very same thing in WF5 I get this message: the system cannot find the path specified Any ideas?? I've read some workarounds for purging, like changing some windows OS scripts or files... But anoyone who could know how to get the purge command back on track?

I have WXP-64 bits and WF5 M030

thanks again...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Claudio,

I use purge often when managing model files, and it still works fine for me in WF5.

Perhaps your installation of proe can't 'see' the path to the \bin directory?

Seth

I had the same problem. I did a search in the support center and found TPI 110569 that worked for me. It said to modify the registry command to be:

C:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe /c cd "%1" &"C:\ptc\proe2001\bin\purge.bat" *

Just change ptc\proe2001 to the correct install directory.

Here is the link.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=110569

Hello there kevin, thanks a lot!!

It seems that my maintenance has just expired... might take our company a while to process such payment. In the meantine I cannot access the resource center database. Is it too much asking if you can print out in pdf that information and attach it to this post?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Here it is.

Thanks a lot Kevin!!

It works just fine, though I had to edit Windows registry to fix the double click issue

Regards

Top Tags