cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Random Analsis

jflores-6
1-Newbie

Random Analsis

Hello,

I am trying to make a dynamic random analysis, I defined a plastic material (standard PP). I defined a modal analysis with 8 modes also i defined four points for constrains completed fixed.

r01.JPG

To define a random analysis i have some questions, if some have experience with this kind of analysis appreciate your help,

r02.JPG

Actually i have made and analysis but I don´t know if that is right.

if i use the 3 rms the value is 365.4 psi which is bellow of 4351.13 psi of my current material, so this example is right or wrong.

r04.JPG

Finally I made this analysis with linear properties, first i have trying to make it with non-linear properties but always send me a error message.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello Juan,

It seems to me that your is slightly densely 906 [kg/mm ^ 3], normally it should be 1.35 [gr/cm ^ 3] and to Simulate 1.35 * 10 ^-9 [t/mm ^ 3].

Kind regards.

Denis

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:jflores-6)

Juan,

You cannot perform dynamic studies with non-linear properties. This is outside Simulate's functionality.

Regards

Hello Juan,

did the posts from Denis and Charles answer your questions/help you resolve your issue?

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags