cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Rants WF 4.0

BobSchwerdlin
3-Visitor

Rants WF 4.0

We just switched over to Pro/E WF 4.0 about a month ago. I don't see too many things that are messed up except the following:

1. What is the deal with the "File, Open" or the "File, Change Working Directory" dialog box? I have never seen a window layout like this and find it kinda' confusing to know where you really are located in the file structure. Is there a config.pro setting to revert to old "standard" layout?

2. In the model tree, pre-WF 4.0 - when you were in an assembly and you went to hide a component, the component would go away but the model tree showed a small black box to indicated that the item was hidden. In WF 4.0 the entire line "grey's out" and it's really too light for my personal liking. Any way to go back to the old color arrangement? The old tree was easier to read.

3. Also related to the model tree... When in an assembly and you activate a component a small yellow star shows up at the end of the component name to let you know "this is the active component". So far so good, however if you hide the active component, the component name and the yellow star both go light grey in color. It's difficult to see the active component star and item name especially if there are more than one item hidden. Any way to change back to the old style?

Thanks,

Bob

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I think #1 is Microsoft Vista "style"...

Paul Korenkiewicz
FEV , Inc.
4554 Glenmeade
Auburn Hills, MI, 48326-1766

Yeah, that's what I heard. I'm not too hip on it though.

Thanks
Top Tags