cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Re: Performance Advisor for PTC Creo

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Re: Performance Advisor for PTC Creo

First, it normally only sends data once per day. This is controlled by prefs.xml located in <install location>\DiagnosticTools\text\xml

You can force it to send immediately by deleting the contents of the "unprocessedFiles" and "SentFiles" folders.

Second, from what I can tell PTC's website also only updates once per day. You can see this on the top of the details pages.

diag.PNG

18 REPLIES 18
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Tom,

I'll wait until tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks again

Marco
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

It's been two days from my previous comment, but nothing has changed.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

I have a bunch of users who haven't shown up yet either. Guess I need to go do some investigating...

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Here in Italy we say "mal comune mezzo gaudio".

In english I have found this translation "trouble shared is a trouble halved".

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Okay, I've stumbled onto something. Take a look at the files in the "SentFiles" folder. Inside each of the .zip files is a "PTC_Creo_Parametric_3_0_M030.xml." file. See if there is a section in the file called "<PTC_Creo_Parametric_Session_Logger>". If this section isn't there, no information will appear on the reporting site.

Session.png

Now to figure out why this section is missing in all the recent files...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The "Session_Logger" section is created AFTER Creo is closed down. (Which actually makes sense since it lists the start and stop times of that session.) Local installations of Creo are properly creating this. Network installations are not. Hmmm.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

We have two network installation of Creo.

One is the working installation of Creo 2.0 M140, the other is testing installation of Creo 3.0 M030, which we'll start using in 2/3 months.

Following your instructions I see that xml files in the "SentFiles" folder, those of version 2.0 doesn't have the section you described, while those of version 3 have it instead.

But anyway in Thingworx dashboard nothing appears.

Marco

Marco,

just a warning concerning CR3 M030 & repeat region bug ... see https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS200179

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin.

Have a nice day.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV

I have opened a case with tech support. You may want to do the same.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

OK.

If I'll get some useful answer from TS I'll post it here.

Marco

Hi Marco,

I see you mentioned that your xml files from Creo 3.0 M030 appear in the 'sentfiles' folder, which indicates that they DID get transmitted to PTC. It sounds like you do not see this data in your Performance Advisor for PTC Creo dashboard. This could be related to SCNs; I will check and see if the SCN used in the Creo session, matches the SCN for your web account.

Stay tuned!

PS - please correct me if you are not seeing the Creo 3.0 M030 xml files in sentfiles, only Creo 2.0 M150 (and later), and Creo 3.0 M030 (and later) will display in the Performance Advisor dashboard.

- Dan

Dan,

thanks for your answer.

Yes, as you wrote, my xml files appear in the sentfiles folder, but I can't see them on the dashboard.

I check my SCNs in the license and xml files and, as you can see in attached images, they coincide.

License.PNGXML.PNG

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Marco,

Everything is working correctly now. The issue with the missing data in the XML file was due to my inadvertently putting a development build of Creo 3 (M030+) into production. Once I realized that and rolled back to M030, everything started working correctly again.

As far as Dan's comments about the SCN, you can check this yourself. The SCN is included near the top of each "PTC_Creo_Parametric_3_0_M030.xml". Compare this value to the one shown when you're logged into the support site. (I can see our SCN when creating a new support case.)

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Tom,

thanks to your suggestion, I realized that in my account privilege for PTC Advisory was not checked.

Now I check it.

See attached images.

After that I Open Creo 3.0 then sent manually my XML files, but nothing appear on the dashboard.

Remembering that you said that is updated once a day, I'll check it tomorrow.

New support case.PNGAccount privileges.PNG

Marco

Hi Marco,

We found an issue on the PTC side. We patched your account, and i will file an SPR for a full scale fix. Can you please check the dashboard again, and let me know if you see your data now?

Thanks,

- Dan

YES!

Thanks a lot Dan.

Marco
Top Tags