cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Reference cannot be used due to the scope setting...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

Reference cannot be used due to the scope setting...

Can anyone explain this error message: "Reference cannot be used due to the scope setting of PUBLISH GEOMETRY for kuckle.asm". I have a mechanism built of a front axle which basically consists of an axle with two knuckles on either end assembled with pin joints. Both knuckles rotate as expected. I am now trying to tie the motion together with a tie rod attached to both knuckles at specific points. I created points in both of the knuckles, and have a tie rod with points properly spaced. WHEN I try to assembly the tie rod, with a simple rigid point to point constraint, Creo 2 Build M030 will let me pick the point on the tie rod but will not let me pick the point in my assembly, and gives the "Reference cannot be used due to the scope setting of PUBLISH GEOMETRY for knuckle.asm" message. I don't have ANY publish geometries in my knuckle assembly so I am at a loss for what's going on. This seems like suck a simplemechanism compared to very complicated ones I've built in WF4. Any help would be appreciated...

I searched the exploder and didn't find anything.Google gave me someinformation on "scope" settings in the Config. I looked at mine and they all seemed to be set to ALL except default_obj_module_constr_scope which Ichanged to ALLand the ignore_all_ref_scope_settings which was set to YES and I changed it to NO. None of these made any difference and I still can't build this simple mechanism. Is this "scope" stuff something new with Creo? I don't ever remember seeing anything about it before, nor did I ever have to mess with it to build mechanisms...

thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:pdkoren)

Paul,
The following is from my memory, but I hope it will lead you to a solve your problem.

Reference Scopes are saved with the model and can be further restricted by session settings, which is handled by the config options you have found.
The restriction can be set one both component and assembly.
Try to RMB on the component/assembly in the model tree and select Reference Control.
From the dialog box you can set what is allowed to be referenced in the model and what the model is allowed to reference.
Setting are available as model (all uses I guess) and component (current usage).

/Bjarne
Top Tags