cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Rules-based reps & performance

ehill
1-Newbie

Rules-based reps & performance

We have been using more and more rules-based reps in our template assembly. As the number of assemblies that use these reps increases, so does the number of reps that substitute in these rules-based repsin next-level assemblies. I am starting to worry about performance due to the time it takes Pro/E to evaluate these rules when doing retrievals or switching reps.

When opening large top-level assemblies, of course I prefer to open a rep. I am finding this is taking longer than I would consider normal lately, and getting frustrated leads me to click the stop sign (if I let it get that far before I kill xtop). The message that I get leads me to believe the Pro/E is busy grinding through all the levels of rules definitions. It says: "Do you wish to abort evaluation (results may be incomplete)?". If I click OK it continues retrieving the assembly, and if I repeat this process enough times, I eventually get the expected "Retrieval process has been interrupted. Please select one of the options below. (Continue/Stop/Abort)" message window that will kill the retrieval process (I click continue and it finishes retrieval quickly). If I don't click the stop sign at all, it can take a lot longer to finish retrieval of the assembly, for example, 15+ minutes vs. 1-2 minutes.

Does anyone have any experience with how to tweak the config.pro or the rep rules to improve this aspect of Pro/E performance?

Eric Hill

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
jbob
11-Garnet
(To:ehill)

Top Tags