cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

SUMMARY Browser types for windchill inside creo2.

rrich
2-Guest

SUMMARY Browser types for windchill inside creo2.

Thanks all. Problem has been solved but....First is was the IE V11 that was installed. However when I rolled back the IE update hoping to get back to V10 or V9 it instead rolled back to V8 which was slower than heck. So I downloaded Mozilla FF. Now it is up and running but when it first logs in the browser tries to load faster than my communication with my server and I get an error every time that the server is not connected but in truth it is.

I think I am good now.

Ron
2 REPLIES 2

Ron just so you know downloading Firefox on your machine does nothing for Creo. You need to change the config.pro setting to

windows_browser_type mozilla_based_browser

Default value for this is "ie_in_process" You can gain pretty good performance by switching it to "ie_in_sep_process"

Creo 3.0 is dumping Mozilla for Chrome in M010 I think.
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:rrich)

On 08/12/14 13:08, Andy Hermanson wrote:
>
> Ron just so you know downloading Firefox on your machine does nothing for Creo.
>

Andy is correct. The FireFox you may or may not have installed is NOT the mozilla browser that Creo 2.0 uses for the embedded browser. The mozilla browser used by Creo Parametric 2.0 (with windows_browser_type mozilla_based_browser) is actually built by PTC. It lives under the
PRO_INSTALL_DIR/PRO_MACHINE_TYPE/obj/MOZILLA directory.

> You need to change the config.pro setting to
>
> windows_browser_type mozilla_based_browser
>

Except in Creo Parametric 3.0 F000 the only acceptable value is "ie_browser" which is the default value.

> Default value for this is "ie_in_process" You can gain pretty good performance by switching it to "ie_in_sep_process"
>
> Creo 3.0 is dumping Mozilla for Chrome in M010 I think.
>

Apparently so because in Creo 3.0 F000 the PRO_MACHINE_TYPE/obj/MOZILLA directory does not exist. It does not exist anywhere in the install because I have looked for it.

> *From:* Rich, Ron [
> *Subject:* [proesys] - Browser types for windchill inside creo2.
>
> Is it only IE and Mozilla that will work with Creo or can you use Chrome. What versions of IE work? My new install of OS has IE V11. I got new hard drive in my machine and now I can not see whindchill in my browser after I start up. I can register the server, and login but my status line
> at the bottom says that an install of Product View express was started and nothing happens in the browser window. I get a rotating pin wheel and that is all. Any Ideas?
>
> Ron Rich
>
> Mechanical Engineer
>
> Keithley A Tektronix Company
>
> 28775 Aurora Rd
>
> Solon, OH 44139
>
> 440-498-2842
>
> -----End Original Message-----
>
>
>
> This message has been scanned and no issues discovered.
> Clickhere <">https://spamfilter.daktronics.com:9449/pem/pages/digestProcess/digestProcess.jsf?content=9de20007f3f05a8a788c041b2dab9ea1b1d6342ec9489edf91e0eb23ead01a94eb187b37918c02ea79d8dfe77a6c827ae8c49fba9d9173039b742f90eb67af9da2141cce77aa1bfcc66b728f54b061dd2cea70bbce614f554e76a45ce5ddf798cc6eedee96d551004... to report this email as spam
>
>
>

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401