cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

SUMMARY Editing text in a table.

rrich
2-Guest

SUMMARY Editing text in a table.

Well the exploder comes through again. I did not get the exact answer I wanted but now I fully understand what PTC is trying to accomplish and I can move on and the resolution is not too bad.

PTC has made this context sensitive. In order to not get the pop up you must be in the Table tab for drawing. Ok I get it, but let's get MS Office compliant. When you do something like that in excel, excel will automatically flip you to the appropriate tab. So should PTC, if I should hold the alt key down and select a table it should then flip me to the Table menu. Or at least make me a config so this type of feature could be turned on and off at will.

Ron

Original question and problem.

Ok I thought this was new to Creo so I never mentioned it, but today I saw it act differently for a moment. In the old days of WF4 I could pull up a drawing and double click on a table block in the format or BOM or rev block and it would begin editing. That was fine and what I was use to it, I liked it. Since the change to Creo it had seemed to be different. We have been getting this pop up.
[cid:image001.png@01CDCBE0.32976D70]

It was all acceptable as I thought this was somehow new functionality or lack thereof but it was consistent as every new drawing had this. We were sucking it up and dealing with it. Then today I pulled up an old drawing and duplicated it to make a new part number. I pull up this newly created duplicate and clicked in the table to change dates and other stuff and low an behold I did not get this pop up. I thought our admin team had put through an update that cured this, but I was mistaken. It turns out after I saved the drawing and then opened it later I got the pop ups back. What gives, does anyone else have this? Is there some setting to get rid of it? I do not really want to have to use the Alt key every time I wish to change something in a table. I believe it does it for other things too, like changing the scale on a detail view and maybe even selecting and moving a view and or cross hatch changes.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags