cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUMMARY: Is there a Drawing config option method?

SUMMARY: Is there a Drawing config option method?

fyi--summaries for my original post:

Is there a Pro/TK function for setting a drawing file config option? The in-session equivalent would be (if memory serves me right as i'm not at ProE computer): File > Properties > Drawing Options > make selection > add/change to new value. I would like to change a setting and re-save the drawing. I initially thought ProSetConfigopt() [or is that ProConfigoptSet()] was the function, but after testing it appears this only changes the config.pro options and not the .dtl drawing options.

responses:

this from Terisa (works great from TK):

We have done this by reading in (ProInputFileRead) a file (PRO_DWG_SETUP_FILE), which contains the drawing option and what you want it set to. I'll attach an example of our import file. Once you've read it in, you can save the drawing. (it was a one line file with the [option] [option_value])

this from Frederik (works great from JLink):

What I do in jLink is exporting the dtl file to disk, reading and creating a new file with the changed option and importing the new file.

i replied asking about the specific JLink call, and he responded with:

Drawing drw = ...;
Export : drw.Export("OldDrawing.dtl",pfcModel.DWGSetupExportInstructions_Create());
Import : drw.Import("NewDrawing.dtl",pfcModel.DWGSetupImportInstructions_Create());

this from V.Amar:
A work around method can be, try editing your default/configured *.dtl file itself programmatically.

so thanks all--once again got a solution! i used JLink and imported a one line .dtl file with the settings i wanted changed.
-mark