cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

SYMBOL ARROW

dbolden
4-Participant

SYMBOL ARROW

I am adding a flag note to a drawing view but need to have an arrow point to the text I want.  The leader box is grayed out on the properties box for the custom symbol.  How do I add an arrow?  Is there a config.pro selection I need to turn on?  I tried to edit the attachment point but that does nothing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like your custom symbol was not created with the option to allow leaders.

Can this be created with a note?

Perhaps make a new symbol that allows a leader?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sounds like your custom symbol was not created with the option to allow leaders.

Can this be created with a note?

Perhaps make a new symbol that allows a leader?

dbolden
4-Participant
(To:RonSt.Pierre)

How do I edit the symbol file?  I can find it but cannot open it.  Our symbols and tables were created by someone who retired and I am now the admin for Creo.  I have had no administrative training with this.

Thanks

Not knowing how you are set up, by default they are located at:

c:/program files/ptc/Creo X.X/Common files/<build>/symbols

When you have a drawing up, select the annotate tab

using the pull down menu of Symbol, select Symbol Gallery > Redefine > retrieve

select the symbol you wish to modify

Select the attributes you wish to define (like left leader)

continue until it's to your liking, then  OK > Done > Write

You may want to take some training....IMO

Just curious, you trying to do something like this:

flagnote.png

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags