cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Saving An Instance without Saving All of the Instances

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Saving An Instance without Saving All of the Instances

All,

I have a customer for whom I am completing some design work. I have put together several family tables of components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies to address the needs of their different customers.

Now my customerwant me to save JUST ONE VERSION without letting a particular customer see what my customer is doing for their other customers.

I have opened an instance of a final assembly and FILE -> BACKUP to anewfolderthinking that this would only save just that instance with none of the additional instances of sub-assemblies and components. When I ERASE NOT DISPAYED, changed the working directory to the new folder, and FILE ->OPEN, I saw ALL of the instances of sub-assemblies and components.

So HOW DO I SAVE JUST ONE FINAL ASSEMBLY WITH ONLY THE INSTANCE THAT PERTAIN TO THAT FINAL ASSEMBLY?

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Try save as instead. You'll need to give new names, but it'll be
independent of the family tables.
Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Add the following to your config.pro: try_noninst_on_fail YES (Works in Wildfire 3.0 m 210)
Open the generic of the family table.
Open each instance you want to save as a standalone object.
Delete each instance that you opened from the family table.
Save the generic
Save each open object. (They were an instance, will now be a standalone object.)
Open assemblies and drawings to make sure they regen successfully.

You may want to test this on a disposable copy of your files first before committing to it....

Top Tags