cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Saving Files in Stand Alone Creo

gkling
1-Newbie

Saving Files in Stand Alone Creo

We have recently gone back to a stand alone situation using Creo.  It's been 20 years since I've had to think about search paths, etc.. so I'm a bit rusty.

Question:

Is there a config.pro variable for where files are saved in Creo?  WE have our data in a few different folders and the search path works fine.

When I create a new part, assembly or drawing and hit save, the file is saved in the start up folder.  How can I get it to save to a standard location (the search path locations).

Hope that makes sense.

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

in Creo 2.0 you can select target directory during first Save action. Also when you save a file into wrong directory, you can move it into the right directory using Windows Explorer.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gkling)

You need to set your Working Directory to where you to store your files.

By default, the working directory is your start in directory, but that can be set.

Set the start-in folder in your desktop icon to the standard location you want to use.

Hi,

in Creo 2.0 you can select target directory during first Save action. Also when you save a file into wrong directory, you can move it into the right directory using Windows Explorer.

MH

Martin Hanák

That's the easiest solution right there.

Top Tags