cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Saving Part File from Creo 2.0 to Pro/E 4.0

ptc-6399910
1-Newbie

Saving Part File from Creo 2.0 to Pro/E 4.0

Is this possible?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Sure, if you don't mind saving the Creo 2.0 part as a STEP file and importing back into WF4.

There is a tool known as Granite that is suppose to "help" with this, but it too looses a lot of intelligence.

Maybe Pro/Program can help?

I'm not sure Granite would work, if I remember correctly Granite "plugin" operates only on two versions back, so in WF4 you can open files up to Creo 1.0. You can open Creo 2.0 files back to WF5. At least that's what documentation for Granite kernel for Pro/E / Creo said last time checked it. It might work, of course, but it doesn't have to.

Your remark on Pro/Program got me thinking if it would be possible to save program from Creo 2.0 and use it to build part in WF4, I'll try to check it tomorrow at work because I'm curious myself now

Anyway usually the easiest (and most probably the only) way is unfortunately to use STEP/IGES to transfer geometry and loose all the parametricality in the model.

That was very obvious. And it is also obvious that I didn't make myself clear.

I wanted to save a Creo part file to Pro/E with all its history attached. And I can easily do the editing of the file.

Is that possible?

Contact PTC and see how much they will charge to do this.

Otherwise it is not possible.

Naveen,

Saving a part from Creo 2.0 as Wildfire 4.0 is not possible. As other community members mentioned you can use Granite functionality which will allow you to retrieve Creo 2.0 files in Wildfire 4.0 with history. However features from higher release will not be editable but new features can create in those files.

To enable Granite functionality you can copy the dll (readnewermodles.dll) from gcri folder in Creo 2.0 installation and place in obj folder of Wildfire 4.0 installation.

How far back can versions be converted? Is the following page outdated?

From http://support.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/free-download.htm

GCRI support is limited to the previous two releases, except in Wildfire 3.0 which is limited to the previous release.

David,

Statement "GCRI support is limited to the previous two releases, except in Wildfire 3.0 which is limited to the previous release" is correct because DLL is supported for last two releases. However I tested this number of times upto Wildfire 4.0 and it works well. It should work until the part from higher release doesn't contain any feature for which there is no major change in internal logic. As of now I didn't came across of such part files.

Top Tags