cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Saving dwg & prt files

ptc-2674075
1-Newbie

Saving dwg & prt files

I just started working in Pro-E and I'm not sure how to save my part and drawing files together so they are still linked. For example, we have a revision level system here and every time a change is made to a part the rev level increases. I would like to save my drawing and part to match so that when I modify my part it updates the drawing (at my new rev level). I mainly work in Catia V5 which has a save management command and allows saving of both the part and drawing at the same time. Can anyone please help?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

In Pro-E the drawing is just a 2d view that parametrically uses the model to generate the views. Therefore they are always linked in a manner that updates to the model are shown in the drawing. You have to use the update all sheets command to get your drawing to show any changes, unless you set the config.pro option to update the views every time you switch screens in Pro-E. Now if you want the file extension (.prt.10) to match the drawing iteration, that won't happen. You would have to use a data management software to add further tracking of your revisions. Eric

Adding to what Eric had explained. Once you save the drawing automatically the part file is also saved.Ensure both the part and drawing are in the same folder. Hope this helps..
Top Tags