cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Saving issue when down level items are set to lock / read only in windchill.

RobertBalkevitc
1-Newbie

Saving issue when down level items are set to lock / read only in windchill.

Back in intralink days when saving an upper level assembly. If i have lower level items such as parts or family tables that want to regen and save with my saving of the top level assembly, all i had to do was set them to read only in intralink and the the top level would have no problem saving without saving any of the down levels that i had set to read only.

With Windchill, When ever i set lower level items to Lock or Read Only, My top level assembly that i am trying to save will not save. The only thing i can think to do is to let everything save( down levels that regen, instances and what not), then go update the down level items before i can check in my top level.

Does anyone know how to solve this? To allow a top level to save changes without saving any lower level items or when lower level items are set to lock/read only?

~Rob Balkevitch~

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I had exactly the same issue a while ago, turns out it was a bug in WF4
M150. We were running Intralink M040 at the time.

Here is the case closed report from PTC

Issue related to SPR 1994188, which is resolved with Wildfire 4.0 M160.
As issue only reproducible with Wildfire 4.0 M150, customer installed
for now Wildfire 4.0 M140, untill M160 is released.

Regards

Sarah Ford

CAD Designer

Westwind Air Bearings

Tel. 01202 627236
Top Tags