cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Search Model Manager for empty attribute

mbundock
1-Newbie

Search Model Manager for empty attribute

When I add a new masterdata to modelmanager most of the attributes are blank. I'd like to create a saved search in model manager for parts where I'm the owner but a specific attribute is blank ?

Any way to do this ?

Thanks

Mike

(I'd love to have searched the forum for any similar requests but I'm dammed if I could spot a search facility)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found it , enter NULL in the attribute search box.

Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Found it , enter NULL in the attribute search box.

Mike

Would you mind post a screen shot of your solution?

Thanks!

MIke

search_NULL.png

Possibly this won't work for all fields so ymmv.

Search.png

Sorry, I don't have the answer to your Model Manager search question, but the forum search is in the upper right in my browser.

Mike

Thanks, guess I was epecting something that looked like it was more associated with the forum rather than a general site search.

Mike

Mike M., the "search" you highlighted (in the upper right Corner) is the so called "search for everything" (=searches within the UNIQE_ID_STRING only)

The UNIQUE_ID_STRING of an element (DOC, MASTERDATA, just everything you have in the DB) can never be empty, so entering NULL in

the search field does not make sense.

Entering "NULL" only  makes sense when you open the "Search" Tab to search for Models, Drawings etc.

This is what Mike B. correctly described.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags