cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Server Licensing with 2 license files

ptc-1208502
1-Newbie

Server Licensing with 2 license files

We have 2 license servers that run out PTC licenses. We haev two because we acquired a company a number of years ago and they had one. I recently built a new license server to combine them on to one but don't know the process. I have the 2 new licenses from PTC pointing to the same server so do I just combine them into one license? I can do that with other CAD applications. Never done it with PTC.

Andy

1 REPLY 1
Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1208502)

Hi Andy

Question: are they a fixed node license or floating?

What version of wf/creo are your running

we have only just gone through the process of combining the files, as "I.T."has forced us to run our own server, we decided it would be better to run one license server from that office server.

what is need to be done, is to go to the PTC licensing page, and tranfers all the moudles from all your licenses to one license for the machine the server will be run from, each install of the software need to look at that server using 7788@server-name., you need to replace the "server-name" with the PC's name, then set each software setup to retrive what componets needed, you do this by running the reconfig.exe ( for creo2 ) or setup.bat ( for ProE )

The each software will retrive a foundation module, and any other module from the server to run, and will only allow it to do so as long as it has free modules

Peter

Peter

Top Tags