cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Server Unavailable - Cannot select popup to continue

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Server Unavailable - Cannot select popup to continue

I frequently disconnect and reconnect to our network when i bring my laptop into conference rooms for meetings. Creo often gets stuck with popups on top of popups (unsaved data warning, license lost, and Windchill server unavailable). I am forced to restart because I cannot select the "retry" option on the license lost dialog as its covered by another popup that can't be moved. Is there a way to get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You might also try right-clicking Windows taskbar and selecting "Show windows side by side". This will cause Windows to position all the open windows next to each other, so no window will be blocking another. Then you should be able to interact with proper window.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Aaronm87 wrote:

I frequently disconnect and reconnect to our network when i bring my laptop into conference rooms for meetings. Creo often gets stuck with popups on top of popups (unsaved data warning, license lost, and Windchill server unavailable). I am forced to restart because I cannot select the "retry" option on the license lost dialog as its covered by another popup that can't be moved. Is there a way to get around this?

Hi,

I'm afraid there is no solution. Simply end session and start it again in conference room.

Maybe license borrowing can be used in your situation.

Martin Hanák

ha! i know what you mean.  there is one keyboard sequence that might work to uncover the window you need to click into: ALT+SPACEBAR, then M, then any of the 4 arrow keys, then moving the mouse around will position the window on the current screen.  That's letter "M" for "move" window.  The trick is to start this sequence when the window that is covered or is off the screen is in focus; sometimes it takes switching to the windows task manager to be able to do that.

I use this trick to whenever I take my laptop to another room and my 2nd monitor is gone, but some of the windows are still on that (now non-visible) area of the desktop.

You might also try right-clicking Windows taskbar and selecting "Show windows side by side". This will cause Windows to position all the open windows next to each other, so no window will be blocking another. Then you should be able to interact with proper window.

You have no idea how long I've been searching for this solution.  Literally years.  Dialog behind a dialog is so infuriating.  Your suggestion is so simple and IT WORKED!!!  Thank you so much!!!!!

Thanks Lukas, your option working for me.

devin_padron
5-Regular Member
(To:LukaszMazur)

Lifesaver. Thank you.

Top Tags