cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Sett Default Surface Color

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Sett Default Surface Color

Creo 2, M120

In a model that hasn't been assigned a color, surfaces appear a lavender color while solid geometry is light grey.

Is there any config setting to define what the default surface color is?  I'd like to apply some transparency.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
11 REPLIES 11
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dgschaefer)

If you are using start parts you can set the color in your start part.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:Chris3)

For surfaces only?  How?  It doesn't appear in the list of colors in the model and I cannot seem to copy it from the model.

--
LinkedIn
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dgschaefer)

Sorry I read your question too quickly. I am not sure how to do it for surfaces only.

This is brilliant, thank you. 

What's even better is that it applies to existing models where there was no explicit colors assigned.

--
LinkedIn

I was really hoping to find the default skeleton model color in there too, but it doesn't seem to be. Any idea where that one is hiding?

--
LinkedIn

Doug,

did you try SKELETON_MODEL_DEFAULT_COLOR config.pro option to set skeleton color ?

See To Create a Display Color for Skeleton Models

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yep, in fact I posted a thread about this a while ago.  What I want to do is make all my skeletons 75% transparent.  That option lets you set the color only, the method above lets you control everything about the default color used.

--
LinkedIn

Doug,

did you ask PTC Support, how to assign 75% transparent color to skeleton model ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I have not.  Frankly, I rarely consider asking PTC support unless it appears to be a definite bug in the software.  I figure if this group doesn't know, it's not likely possible.

--
LinkedIn

I submitted a case, we'll see what I find out.

--
LinkedIn

If my understanding is right, you are trying to change the color of a particular surface of a part.

a. Open the desired part.

b. Click on the appearance gallery drop down arrow.

c. Select a color, for example 01_transparent_gelb.

d. Click on the surface for which you want to change the color.

e. Then click the middle mouse button to exit the command.

I tried this in Creo 3.0, works fine . Please give it a try.

Best regards,

Prasanna Simha T.R

Top Tags