cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Setting Background color to Black

MukaSingh
1-Newbie

Setting Background color to Black

I am trying to set my background color in my work area to black and it always reverts back to "ProE. Is there any other way to set this? I set it to black and save the config file and when I start back ProE it goes back to the default color.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

The file you need to change your background is called SYSCOL.SCL your .DTL file points to this file when it loads

there is a process to changing your background

first things first

go to tools/options

the command is called System_Color_File

you need to find out were that is pointing to. This is very important

as an example mine is pointing to d:\Work\SYSCOL.SCL

So what you need to do is go to View/Display Settings/System Colors

Change your background colors at the very bottom, then before you exit go to the top of the menu

and go to File/Save, this will save your SYSCOL.SCL file which saves your background color.

now make sure when you save it to save it to were your .dtl file is pointing

and that should take care of it. no need to save the dtl file unless you want to change the path to were your SYSCOL.SCL is located

Also i uploaded a document that describes all of the pro-e config files.

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1357

Top Tags