cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Setting up Advanced Framework

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Setting up Advanced Framework

We purchased some Design Advanced subscription bundles and want to utilize the Advanced Framework module. PTC help files for Advanced Framework all start out with 'Click the Framework tab'!

I do not have a Framework tab. What else needs to be done to activate the Advanced Framework module besides utilizing a license file that has the module in it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check if you have in config.pro option afx_enabled set to yes. For some time it's been set to yes by default, but maybe it was explicitly disabled in your configuration.

Also, did you reconfigure Creo to use AFX license or just updated license server with this new file?

And just in case, Framework tab is available in assembly mode, not in part mode 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Check if you have in config.pro option afx_enabled set to yes. For some time it's been set to yes by default, but maybe it was explicitly disabled in your configuration.

Also, did you reconfigure Creo to use AFX license or just updated license server with this new file?

And just in case, Framework tab is available in assembly mode, not in part mode 😉

I have 'grabbed' the framework license and my config is set to yes but I am not getting the tab at the top. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:djarami)

I was looking in to this a bit. In Creo 2 you had to install it when you installed Creo. It was an option. In Creo 4 it's no longer there. What's weird is the tab shows in my Creo 4 but we do not have that afx config option set so I don't know how the tab is being displayed.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Top Tags