cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Sheetmetal Bend Notes in Drawing

RodneyDecker-di
1-Newbie

Sheetmetal Bend Notes in Drawing

After upgrading from WF3 to WF4 I have noticed an issue when inserting a flat state of a sheet metal part into a drawing, all the bend notes automatically appear with the drawing view. This was not the case in WF3, and I could use the Show/Erase command to bring in the notes if they were needed, however, in WF4 I am now forced to manually erase them when I do not wish them, which is nearly always the case. Needless to say this is quickly becoming a tedious operation. I have set the following config option: "display_annotations" to "no" and "smt_bend_notes_dflt_display" to "no" but this has had no affect on the bend notes. Further investigation showed that in WF3 we had a config option "model_note_display" set to "no", but this config option no longer exists in WF4. Has anyone else ran into this or know of a solution I am overlooking? We have used both builds M140 and M160 of WF4.

TIA,

Rodney

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Rodney,

I wonder if this is a layer issue? I had a similar thing for hole notes and ended up using the config option to put annotations on a layer (suggestion from Glen Beer) which allowed me to control showing or not showing the hole notes. I do not think this was a retrospective fix though maybe there is something you can do with layer rules.

Good luck, Brent

Top Tags