cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Silent Uninstall

ShawnPete
1-Newbie

Silent Uninstall

I am currently trying to upgrade to Wildfire 5.0 for multiple locations. I am using the following command line in a batch file : %current_wildfire_dir%\uninstall\i486_nt\obj\psuninst.exe -uitrail %CD%\uninstall_trl.txt %current_wildfire_dir%\uninstall\instlog.txt. According to the Administrative Guide, this should allow an unattended uninstall of the previous version. However, I am getting an error that says the instlog.txt file can't be read. Has anyone ever been able to get this to work? I've called PTC and tech support person hadn't seem to have heard of this. I tried to explain that I don't need help with the batch file, just the command. I get the same error from the command line as I do in a batch file. I need to be able to have anyone (with proper permissions) be able to do the uninstall/install without having to give detailed instructions on what to look for and what to select. I'd like to make this a Wildfire 5.0 Upgrade for Dummies.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

same here... says cant read my trail

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Did you modify the trail after you initially created it? I typically edit very little of the script file, since I am not completely familiar with the language.

I did manage to find out some of the issue. It appears to be a problem between the OS I used to create the batch and one I tried to use it on. I believe it is an issue with the folder path. I've not yet completely figured this one out, but when I run into this problem, I manually uninstall the previous version. The rest of the install works flawlessly.

Top Tags