cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Slow Pro/E Launch when PTC.COM is down

gwalker
4-Participant

Slow Pro/E Launch when PTC.COM is down

Today I had the first recurrence of a problem I have suspected but have not been able to prove. I believe that when ptc.com is down (like it is now) launching Pro/E will take significantly longer (5 to 15 minutes) than when ptc.com is working. xtop shows in the task manager but no splash screen or any sign of life until it finally launches.

I have set web_enable_subscription = no in the config.pro in an attempt to fix this, but we are still experiencing this delay.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to turn off to prevent Pro/E from looking for ptc.com?

Details: Pro/E Wildfire 3 M230, No Pro/E web favorites to the internet, No Learning Connector

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
gwalker
4-Participant
(To:gwalker)

I also have set web_browser_homepage = our local intranet

msteffke
12-Amethyst

Did you try Tools, customize screen, browser tab, then uncheck 'Expand
Browser by default while loading Pro/e"

I can't imagine anyone ever wanting that checked. Well, anyone who has
better things to do than watch pro/e launch slowly.

Mark Steffke
Engineering System Administrator
The Delfield Company
Manitowoc Foodservice
T 989.775.9215 or 989.773.7981, ext 12484
Integrity, Commitment to Stakeholders, and Passion for Excellence

gwalker
4-Participant

Our default config.win keeps the browser minimized (un-check Expand Browser by default while loading Pro/e). And even if you do open the internal browser, it will open our local intranet page and not anything related to PTC.

You should try setting this config option:
web_browser_homepage about:blank

This may not solve your problem. Early versions of WF4 had issues with ProE contacting ptc even with this set. With these early version ProE would not start if you had outbound traffic blocked.

David Haigh
gwalker
4-Participant

Given all the ptc.com downtime, I was able to figure out there was a browser favorite set.

When I commented off "browser_favorite http://www.ptc.com/community/proewf3/newtools/index.htm" from the user's config.pro, Pro/E started immediately.

Just to make sure, I turned the browser favorite back on and sure enough - Pro/E took forever to launch.

Problem solved. Thanks for the all the suggestions.

This is because PTC.com is down at the moment

Best Regards

Chris Collinson
CAD Administrator
Top Tags