cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Start-Up Problem, "Configuration File Open Error"

ptc-3126397
1-Newbie

Start-Up Problem, "Configuration File Open Error"

I am using a university issued, student version of Wildfire 4.0 and after installation and attempting to launch I get the error message "Unable to launch Pro/Engineer because no valid configuration (*.psf) files were found. Please run "ptcsetup" from your installation "bin" directory and create a PTC Startup File. This is needed for Pro/Engineer to launch successfully" I have launched the setup numerous times and used different config directories, but to no avail. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I have also been having this exact problem after installing the software. Have you found a solution yet? Thank you, Stephen

"Paul McGrady" wrote:

I am using a university issued, student version of Wildfire 4.0 and after installation and attempting to launch I get the error message "Unable to launch Pro/Engineer because no valid configuration (*.psf) files were found. Please run "ptcsetup" from your installation "bin" directory and create a PTC Startup File. This is needed for Pro/Engineer to launch successfully" I have launched the setup numerous times and used different config directories, but to no avail. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags