cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Student Licence

ptc-5174797
1-Newbie

Student Licence

Hello I’m new to using Creo elements but have downloaded Creo elements pro school edition and have used it for a couple of weeks in relation to my college course. However now when I load Creo it comes up with my license has expired and then shuts back down. This is a pain as I was half way through my course work and now cannot access it or complete it before my deadline date.

I’m just wondering is it possible to extend my licence for the duration of my course, what other options do I have in relation to licencing. Is it expensive to buy a student version of the program?

Thank you for any help in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved. I installed Creo using a wireless connection. However once i had fixed my ethernet cable i went back to a wired connection and Creo would not load. Now i have turned off my wired connection and gone back to wireless it works fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Does your college have CAD software available?

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express is available for free http://www.ptc.com/products/creo-elements-direct/modeling-express/. I am unsure however if any parts you have modeled in the student edition will open in express. If the express version does not work for you I would contact PTC support; they may be able to extend your student license.

The college use the same program, Creo elements pro school edition. However the college is now closed and my course runs over the summer, we was told to download it and do our work from home. My other class are fine, they have downloaded the program long before me and there licence has not expired.

This is the message i have come up.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n628/renodrake/CreoProblem_zps0501c243.jpg

Problem solved. I installed Creo using a wireless connection. However once i had fixed my ethernet cable i went back to a wired connection and Creo would not load. Now i have turned off my wired connection and gone back to wireless it works fine.

Glad to hear you got it working. The software license is tied to your hardware ID which is the ID of your network card. Laptops have 2 (wired and wireless).

Top Tags