cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Student License Expiration?

ptc-5493139
1-Newbie

Student License Expiration?

Hello everyone. I'm a student using Creo 2.0, or at least I was. Recently I tried to load Creo at home and received the following message:

--

License request failed for feature

Requesting CREOPMA_Student2...

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat:(-10)Feature has expired.

--

There is more to the message but I think this should be sufficient. I looked up the FAQ section and it sounds like this usually occures when the network card is changed but my network card has not been changed. Any suggestions as to how I should procede?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan,

open C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat in Notepad and inspect the line similar to the following one:

INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2 ptc_d 33.0 23-may-2014 uncounted \

The date present in the line is expiration date of your license.

According to my past experience, the Student license is valid of one year, only. When it expires, the student must requst the new license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ryan,

open C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat in Notepad and inspect the line similar to the following one:

INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2 ptc_d 33.0 23-may-2014 uncounted \

The date present in the line is expiration date of your license.

According to my past experience, the Student license is valid of one year, only. When it expires, the student must requst the new license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags