cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Student Pro E install problem...

ptc-3230159
1-Newbie

Student Pro E install problem...

I received the student edition of Pro E. I have the product key that came with the Cd's. When I enter the code, and my user name and password, and submit it, I get an error that says "the connection has timed out, please try again later". I have just signed up this evening on PTC's website, and I wonder if there is some sort of waiting period... or something. I have tried this on three different computers all connected to the internet, and I get the same error. Thanks. Rob
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

ye hey rob how ya doin. i got the exact same message. so i decided to use the offline licensed version everything is exactly the same. request an offline license to be sent to u via email. about a 2 hour wait. then when u browse to place the offline license in to the install screen, make sure it is set on dat. files not all files so it can be seen. after that it should be alrite

Thanks Peter. I have done that, and have successfully started Pro E. Though, I have one issue. I get this error when I start the program: "License request failed for feature PROE_StudentEdition4:-2: Invalid license file syntax". When I click "ok" it closes the program. What do I need to do to get this working properly? Rob

Thanks Peter. I have done that, and have successfully started Pro E. Though, I have one issue. I get this error when I start the program: "License request failed for feature PROE_StudentEdition4:-2: Invalid license file syntax". When I click "ok" it closes the program. What do I need to do to get this working properly? Rob

"Robert Piaget" wrote:

Martin Hanák

Martin, When I received my license code in my email, I had to copy and paste it into a WordPad document and save it as a txt file. When I installed pro e, and was asked for the code, I went to the txt file, and it let me continue to download the program. I have no problems letting you take a look at the code. Would you like to see the .dat file or my copy and pasted txt file from the email? Rob

"Robert Piaget" wrote:

Martin, When I received my license code in my email, I had to copy and paste it into a WordPad document and save it as a txt file. When I installed pro e, and was asked for the code, I went to the txt file, and it let me continue to download the program. I have no problems letting you take a look at the code. Would you like to see the .dat file or my copy and pasted txt file from the email? Rob

Martin Hanák
Top Tags