cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Style of Measurements in Drawing

smiracco
1-Newbie

Style of Measurements in Drawing

Hi folks,

I'm stuck trying to change the style of measures for drawings. I'd like to get the Style like iso postulates (Number above line and parallel to it, filled arrows, and so on)

Can anybody tell me in which config file i can do this and what to change?

What i tried already is the prodetail.dtl file, where i can change some parameters that sound like what i need, but nothing happens.

I'm using Creo 2.

Thanks already for your hints!

Sergio

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The file is detail.dtl. Unlike config.pro, if you export the default detail config, you will have all the options written to a file.

In config.pro, you can state which detail.dtl file to use for new drawing. You can also import the detail.dtl into existing drawings.

There are many settings, but some will change a lot of things with a single setting. Just "find" ISO and it will get you there.

Also, have a look at some of the included drawing templates. These already have a lot of things set up. You can export their detail.dtl settings for a good head start.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The file is detail.dtl. Unlike config.pro, if you export the default detail config, you will have all the options written to a file.

In config.pro, you can state which detail.dtl file to use for new drawing. You can also import the detail.dtl into existing drawings.

There are many settings, but some will change a lot of things with a single setting. Just "find" ISO and it will get you there.

Also, have a look at some of the included drawing templates. These already have a lot of things set up. You can export their detail.dtl settings for a good head start.

Also note that part and assembly files have their own detail settings albeit only a subset of the drawing settings.

Top Tags